At Heron, we are unwavering in our commitment to improve the lives of patients. We aim to advance the therapeutic standard of care for patients through a portfolio of best-in-class therapies that bring together our innovative science and technologies with well-known pharmacology to deliver medicines that matter.
At Heron, we understand what is at stake for patients, their caregivers, and families, which is why we are laser-focused on providing solutions that can address unmet medical needs so they can spend more time doing the things that matter with the people who matter.
How the Surgical Setting Contributes to the Opioid Crisis
In the United States each year, 50 million surgeries are performed and the continuing over-reliance on postoperative opioids fuels the crisis by both exposing opioid-naïve patients to narcotics and by leaving hundreds of millions of leftover pills hiding in our community medicine cabinets.1-4Read More
- Brummett CM, et al. New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults. JAMA Surg. 2017;152(6):e170504. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0504
- Hill MV, et al. Wide variation and excessive dosage of opioid prescriptions for common general surgical procedures. Ann Surg. 2017;265(4):709-714.
- Bates C, et al. Overprescription of postoperative narcotics: a look at postoperative pain medication delivery, consumption and disposal in urological practice. J Urol. 2011;185(2):551-555. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2010.09.088
- Canfield MC, et al. Prescription opioid use among patients seeking treatment for opioid dependence. J Addict Med. 2010;4(2):108-113. doi:10.1097/ADM.0b013e3181b5a713
Our advanced science, patented technologies, and innovative approach to drug discovery and development have allowed us to create and commercialize a portfolio of products that aim to advance the standard of care for acute care and oncology patients.
U.S. FDA approved as a subcutaneous injection
CINVANTI® for CINV:
U.S. FDA approved as a 30-minute intravenous (IV) infusion and a 2-minute IV injection
HTX-011 (ZYNRELEF™) for Postoperative Pain Management:
- Fast Track and Breakthrough Therapy Designations Granted by FDA
- U.S. New Drug Application (NDA) under review; FDA PDUFA Goal Date 12 May 2021
- ZYNRELEF™ authorized for use in 31 European countries
HTX-019 for Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting (PONV):
- Bioequivalence of HTX-019 as a 30-second IV injection demonstrated to approved oral dose of aprepitant for PONV
- U.S. NDA planned for PONV prevention in 4Q2021
HTX-034 for Postoperative Pain Management
Phase 2 clinical study ongoing for postoperative pain via local application into the surgical site
At Heron, our mission is to improve the lives of patients by developing best-in-class medicines that address unmet medical needs. We are developing novel, patient-focused solutions that apply our innovative science and technologies to already-approved pharmacological agents.
May 10 2021
Heron Therapeutics Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended March 31, 2021 and Highlights Recent Corporate UpdatesRead More
February 24 2021
Heron Therapeutics Announces Financial Results for the Three and Twelve Months Ended December 31, 2020 and Highlights Recent Corporate UpdatesRead More
February 17 2021
Heron Therapeutics to Present at Several Upcoming Virtual Investor ConferencesRead More
January 21 2021
Heron Therapeutics Announces Publication of Results from EPOCH 1 Follow-On Study of HTX-011 in Patients Undergoing Bunionectomy SurgeryRead More
Sign-Up for Email Updates
Receive news and updates on Heron’s latest innovations.