At Heron, we are unwavering in our commitment to improve the lives of patients. We aim to advance the therapeutic standard of care for patients through a portfolio of best-in-class therapies that bring together our innovative science and technologies with well-known pharmacology to deliver medicines that matter.
At Heron, we understand what is at stake for patients, their caregivers, and families, which is why we are laser-focused on providing solutions that can address unmet medical needs so they can spend more time doing the things that matter with the people who matter.
How the Surgical Setting Contributes to the Opioid Crisis
In the United States each year, 50 million surgeries are performed and the continuing over-reliance on postoperative opioids fuels the crisis by both exposing opioid-naïve patients to narcotics and by leaving hundreds of millions of leftover pills hiding in our community medicine cabinets.1-2Read More
- Brummett CM, et al. New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults. JAMA Surg. 2017;152(6):e170504. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0504
- Bicket MC, Long JJ, Pronovost PJ, Alexander GC, Wu CL. Prescription Opioid Analgesics Commonly Unused After Surgery: A Systematic Review. JAMA Surg. 2017;152(11):1066–1071. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0831
Our advanced science, patented technologies, and innovative approach to drug discovery and development have allowed us to create and commercialize a portfolio of products that aim to advance the standard of care for acute care and oncology patients.
U.S. FDA approved as a subcutaneous injection
CINVANTI® for CINV:
U.S. FDA approved as a 30-minute intravenous (IV) infusion and a 2-minute IV injection
ZYNRELEF™ for Postoperative Pain Management:
- Marketing Applications Under Review in Canada and Approved in the U.S. and 31 European Countries
HTX-019 for Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting (PONV):
- Bioequivalence of HTX-019 as a 30-second IV injection demonstrated to approved oral dose of aprepitant for PONV
- The NDA for HTX-019 for PONV was submitted in November 2021.
HTX-034 for Postoperative Pain Management
Phase 2 clinical study ongoing for postoperative pain via local application into the surgical site
At Heron, our mission is to improve the lives of patients by developing best-in-class medicines that address unmet medical needs. We are developing novel, patient-focused solutions that apply our innovative science and technologies to already-approved pharmacological agents.
November 18 2021
Heron Therapeutics Announces Submission of HTX-019 NDA for the Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting to FDARead More
November 11 2021
Heron Therapeutics to Present at Upcoming Investor ConferencesRead More
November 03 2021
Heron Therapeutics Announces Financial Results for the Three and Nine Months Ended September 30, 2021 and Highlights Recent Corporate UpdatesRead More
October 28 2021
Heron Therapeutics to Report Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results on Wednesday, November 3, 2021Read More
Sign-Up for Email Updates
Receive news and updates on Heron’s latest innovations.